Sunday, January 14, 2018

Saving Face

Bernardo Strozzi, Old Woman at the Mirror
The bloom of youth... the fading flower... the woman who gracefully endures the changes in her once beautiful face... or the woman who refuses to "let herself go" and spends a small fortune, risking making things worse to hold on to what she once had.

It may come as a great surprise to you that for just a very few dollars you can lift those sagging tissues without the knife (and a possible mistake!) and the period of isolation while recovering from incisions, bruising and swelling. You may suspect the stirring of an infomercial at this point and be ready to leave, but hold on; it is truly worthwhile to stay.

It was not my face that set me on the cell salts path, but painful cramps in my feet. My first trip to Hawaii was nearly the end of me. As it turns out, you cannot scream for help with a snorkel bit lodged in your mouth, nor can you spit it out; it's attached to your mask. The tendency to grab your cramping foot is really strong, and that foot is deep under water. Pain and panic makes you breath hard and fast. With my husband just four feet away, but facing out to sea, and out farther than I was, I determined to get myself back to shore the best I could, if I could. I survived.

Having improved my cramps, temporarily several times, over the years with increasing amounts of supplementary minerals, I began to wonder if there was something wrong with the kind I was taking. Not according to everything I read or heard from my naturopath and homeopath. And he didn't seem inclined to choose a remedy, just encouraged taking the minerals. A trip to the ER after a half hour cramp that I was sure would return had the doctor reassuring me that I was just a tiny bit low on potassium. Potassium didn't help for long. I began to realize I was on my own to figure out what to do. If I got stuck with a cramp and nobody was there to help me, the pain did not allow me to move. I began to carry around, even at home, a little purple bag full of every cure I had found that had worked at one time or another. The bag contained minerals, a liquid including cider vinegar to rub on, Pedialyte to quickly drink down, and little homeopathic and herbal tablets. One or another would work, usually... until they didn't. I'd have considered amputation at that point, if it weren't for the reality of phantom limb pain.

Having been well mentored in homeopathy, and having often treated myself and my family, I had some awareness of cell salts, but I had always seen them as merely very low potency remedies--not really worth much. Surely if a 6c had to be repeated four times a day, a 6x was barely worth the storage space it held. Nevertheless, I'd stored a few for some decades. I'd glance at them from time to time, thinking maybe someday I'd need them. Fifteen years into my foot cramps, it dawned on me that they were another, different, form of minerals. And slightly homeopathically potentized. Could they help me? I couldn't afford not to find out.

I looked for a few books on Amazon to get me started. One that caught my eye was entitled Facial Diagnosis of Cell Salt Deficiencies. Well, if there was one thing more important to me than my foot cramps, it was my face. I'd begun using the expensive concealer I'd bought to cover the dark circles under my eyes over most of my cheeks, plastering over age spots. Bags had developed under my eyes. There was yellow under my eyebrows and around my mouth, and wrinkles here and there. My jowls sagged. Basically, I realized, I looked sick, and looking in the mirror made me sicker.

I did a search for, hopefully, a repertory to help me choose cell salts quickly similar to the homeopathic repertory I'd used for so long. There were traces of salts repertories online, but they were no longer available. So I bought three books and the full kit of cell salts. The kind with triturated minerals, Best Made brand. I had to read and read to find what I needed, and things I'd already read disappeared from my mind as fast as they'd been fed in. I needed the symptoms and the corresponding remedies organized and available to look up again at a glance. I decided to write the repertory myself, for myself. I collected the details and fed them into a document in logical order.

I noticed quick relief from one kind of cramp soon. Quite soon. In just a few days my husband said, "Hmm, your face looks somehow smoother." I had already noticed. Life was better! The cramps that pulled my feet downward were gone. But the more severe ones had always been on top of my foot, and they pulled my toes up. Only hard pressure from my hands made them bearable at all. In time, I realized this was something different from the other; actually, I had previously wondered if this was a contraction, perhaps of a tendon. I looked at the anatomy of the foot, and yes; the top of the foot is tendon and ligaments. I took out the book I'd been writing, Choosing Cell Salts: A Repertory for Natural Healing and Youthful Beauty, which will soon be available on Amazon, and looked up "Tendons, contraction of." And there was the answer. Instant payment for all my hard work. The remedy? Calc Fluor. That brought me instant and thus far, permanent relief. I'm driving my car again!

William Meritt Chase, 1849 - 1916
But I know why you came, and why you've kept reading. What about my face, right? Well, I'm terribly impressed. While I'm still focusing on nourishing my tendons (a permanent cell salts cure is not fast), I work in other salts as I can. Only a few doses of Kali Sulph saw my age spots begin to fade. I was shocked when I went to put on my concealer and needed it only under my eyes, and just a light touch there. The bags under my eyes are lessened by about 2/3, and the darkness of my upper lids, which I formerly covered with a thick coat of pink powder eyeshadow, is nearly gone. The sagging, well, I think I look 20 years younger.

The great thing about working on your face in this way is that it also treats the unknown weaknesses in your body--or even the ones that cause you great distress. You may notice pleasing changes in your health as you look for and treat the cell salt deficiencies showing up in your face.

Well, we're just talking
about your face here, ok?
Look for subtle or obvious discolorations, swelling, eruptions, and anything else about your facial skin that you wish to address. And use a 6x potency tissue salt (cell salt) up to three times a day. They are safe as directed and do not interfere or interact with medications.

Please watch for my book, as mentioned above, which can help you treat yourself easily at home for various illnesses, symptoms, and aesthetic improvements.






A few tips: 
1) Firming up: Calc Fluor and Silicea
2) Brown spots: Kali Sulph and Calc Sulph
3) Oily/greasy skin: Nat Mur
             on the nose: Nat Phos
4) Bags under the eyes: Nat Sulph 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Thank you for reading and joining in the conversation!

Life Without Cramps

Hmm... fifteen years of cramps, temporary fixes, but always relapsing. And at last I believe I've found the ultimate solution. Using ...