Sunday, January 21, 2018

Life Without Cramps

Hmm... fifteen years of cramps, temporary fixes, but always relapsing. And at last I believe I've found the ultimate solution. Using cells salts as a permanent cure requires patient dosing over time, but it is an inexpensive treatment and addresses the root of the problem--it is a form of profound nutrition for our bodies.

After death and cremation, all that remains is ash. The ash is composed of the twelve tissue salts. All other body particles, organic substances and water, are burned away. It's not a pleasant topic, but consider what that means. We must have those cell salts in our bodies. They are the foundation, the rocks on which we are formed, on which organic elements come and go, as they do in all the earth. But as with crags in the wild, the forces of nature chip away. Wind and rain skim molecules from a stoney ridge that has stood for centuries, the changes rarely noticed by people, the more transient entity, as they passed by. But chip away they do.

By Unknown; John G. Rothermel, Fossil Man
We are less solid than most rock. Even the cells of our very bones are living... reproducing... dying... bits of life. They are fed nutrients, carried by the blood, and respire. And if our diet or our power to properly replenish a cell is lacking? The cell weakens. Bones become soft, brittle, less alive. Nutrients are sought so that our structure does not crumble. In deficiency, nutrients are borrowed, and softer tissues suffer. When the bones need a mineral, or perhaps at times a substitute mineral, and it is not available in the blood, the muscles and tendons must give it up. In time, the result is tissue destruction and pain. Oftentimes, a cramp.

In another post, I told about my near death experience with a cramp while snorkeling. Goodness, those minerals are important!

For years I have taken mineral supplements, and they did, for a time, keep the cramps away. But my body wanted something more, and in time, began to demand it in a way that I could not mistake for a whim. Having used homeopathy for many years, my mind went to cell salts, which are homeopathically potentized mini-minerals. At least some brands are. (You want a brand with triturated minerals.) My muscle cramps, leg cramps, ended immediately. However, I continued to have severe cramps on the top of a foot. This had always been the most painful cramp; I thought it might be a contraction, perhaps of a tendon? It drew my toes upward. I looked at the anatomy of the foot, which is quite beautiful, and indeed, the top is a tendon.

I had read many books on cell salts, with many symptoms discussed throughout, but I knew I'd never be able to remember all I'd read or even where to find it again. I had decided to write myself a repertory (as I could not find one online) in which symptoms would be organized and easy to look up, along with the appropriate salts for each. So when I decided this cramp was in a tendon, I simply had to look up Tendons, contractions, and the answer was at my fingertips. In the case of tendons, the remedy is Calc Fluor. A muscle cramp you can pull out; with a tendon, you just stabilize with perhaps your hands, and wait for it to grant you mercy. Calc Fluor ended that situation for me immediately. Yes, I keep it on me, and I take it three times a day and will do so for some months, but it is well worth the trouble. I hope by summer I will be able to garden without fear, something I thought last autumn I might have to give up.

For muscle cramps, it varies from person to person, but the salts to consider are Calc Phos, Mag Phos, Kali Phos, and Silicea. You can read about them online and see what might apply to you, and it certainly would not hurt to take them all, alternating. Soon you will go to bed without having to worry about those legs. Menstrual cramps might respond, too, to Calc Phos and Mag Phos.

Please watch for the release, a few months from now, of Choosing Cell Salts: A Repertory for Natural Healing and Youthful Beauty, which will be a great aid in self help for, um, natural healing and beauty. It will discuss many other symptoms and diseases and the salts that may help you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Thank you for reading and joining in the conversation!

Life Without Cramps

Hmm... fifteen years of cramps, temporary fixes, but always relapsing. And at last I believe I've found the ultimate solution. Using ...